Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Summer is Over!


Today was officially the first day of school, it went well. Ethan enjoyed classes because for the first time in many years he & Kylie have 4 out of 6 classes together. He has a scrimage tomorrow night & "fruit dinner" ever heard of such a thing so he volunteered me to bring strawberry lemonade, pretty easy!

Charlee enjoyed her first day & a Charlee story: She brought a little note with a puppy on it that said "Charlee had a great day! Ms. Ramey" She met me at her classroom door with it and was so excited, of course I made over her & told her I was glad she had done so well & how proud I was of her, but did not realize how important that little note was until supper as we were talking I asked did everyone have a good day at school in her class & she said not everyone but Ms. Ramey asked what I wanted for being so good 1) treat (if you know Charlee this is hard to believe she passed this up), 2) ticket to have lunch with teacher(this is a real treat for the kids) 3) a note to let me know how good she was & you see what she picked. I cried when she told me this, wondering if she questioned how proud I am of her, but then I realized this is just how Charlee is she has a caring heart & wants to make others happy.....well she sure di her momma tonight. Of course her response to my tears was "why are you crying mommy this is suppose to make you happy" I told her they were happy tears.

Last but never least Annie Belle informed me today that she wasn't going to kindergarten assessment tomorrow, I reminded her that she had to they needed to see what she knew...her response was "well I know what I know, & they can find out what the need to know IF I go Friday!" Pray for us the next few days only the Lord knows what will take place.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Cute kids! My son sure knows how to pick pretty girls!

Patty said...

Such cutie pies. I guess I never realized how "eager to please" Charlee was. That's a sweet story about the note. You'll treasure that note forever, huh? I hope Annie did well with her school experience. Bryce has not been enjoying his pre-school experience so much. I'll have to tell you more about that later. :)