Sunday, August 24, 2008

Fun weekend






What I planned to be a quiet weekend ended up being very busy but fun! Friday night we went to the HS football game against River Valley & yeah!!!! Minford won by a landslide!
Saturday we took Charlee's bestie Laken & met Annie's besties Ben & Anna Kate in South Point, we ate at McDonald's & finished lunch off with a delicious chocolate cream pie Jennifer made (yummy). Then we all went to see the 3D movie "Fly Me To The Moon" (highly recommended) at Pullmans Square in Huntington. This was a great kid/adult movie, after Jennifer, Ben & me got over initial motion sickness. Annie & Ben sat together & even held hands on the escalator (of course at their mother's persuasion, we gonna arrange their marriage yet!)
Annie said "I am never gonna wash this hand again!" Nevertheless we had a great day & so thankful that they were able to join us. We miss you guys so much and treasure little chances to spend time together. Of course here are some pics taken with one of those dinosaur disposable cameras, Jennifer & I both forgot our "view the moment, delete if no good and take another" digital that we are so spoiled with. Sorry Jennifer they did not trn out very good, but I have a copy for you. Thanks again to the Duncan's for joining us, Annie is already planning another day
Today was busy but a good day, we had a great message this am & evening from a potential candidate, I really enjoyed him (reminds me of someone else's pulpit humor. Will be praying hard the Lord sends us a new pastor & also that He sends this family to the right church. And last but not least I am a grandma now to (2) Robo Hamsters they are only about as long as my little finger (all the bigger they will get) Charlee name her girl "Gracie" & Annie named her boy "Gavin" ........so if anyone wants Robo hamsters I am sure we will be having some babies soon........at least according to Charlee "they have to get married first then they will have babies".......Then lastly Ethan picked a Ferret for his birthday, it is a cute little thing, Kurt Newsome has one named Cooter (Dukes of Hazzard) so Ethan decided to name his "Roscoe" , I think the only thing we have not had is a snake, lizard, spider or llama........but I can assure you the latter will come before the first 3 do! I need a break after this weekend, but it was a good one.







2 comments:

Jennifer said...

We had a good time too! I am so thankful you called us up on Sat. morning. It was great to get to see the kids together, plus, we got to hang out too! So, do you have a calendar dated for about 17 years from now? We could go ahead and set a date...ha ha!

Patty said...

I want to be invited to the wedding! Those two are adorable! Love the pictures, Sherry! I'm hoping that when Josh gets moved down that way I will get an opportunity to see more of the Duncans.