Wednesday, August 20, 2008

2nd Grade







Today Charlee was off to 2nd grade, she is so excited and met her teacher Ms. Ramey at Open House & found out they have the same birthday. Looks to be another good year this is a great class with a lot of involved parents, I think the teacher may have even been a little overwhelmed with the parents the other night. Charlee is sitting with her friends Laken, Kelton & Zac. I am a little concerned about a boy in her class, when I read the list to her & got to his name she said "Oh snap!" I looked down to see her almost at the verge of tears & she said he had bothered her a lot at recess & she said "mom I really didn't want him in my class he is a bully!" Please pray about this she does not need distractions nor a reason not to want to go to school not to mention I would hate for her kindergarten sister to woop up on this 2nd grade boy. Nevertheless I let one bully go a few years back, I never said anything & then he almost took one of my kids life so I won't sit back this time you can't wait til it becomes too late. I trust God will watch over my little girl & keep me in place until I feel the push from Him to approach it. Fortunately all of the parents feel this way & are concerned about this child. I can't wait til they all get home to tell me about their day. Annie has assessment in the am & her first day is Friday......Minford will never be the same.

1 comment:

Patty said...

What a little lady Charlee is. She's a beautiful young lady, Sherry--inside and out. I hope she has a great year in 2nd grade.