Sunday, November 2, 2008

Quiz Bowl 2008


This is Ethan's 3rd year on the Quiz Bowl, he loves doing this but probably not as much as I enjoy watching it. They have had 2 competitions at 2 schools thus far & won all of them. I am really proud of the fact that the last meet they were matched up against a group & were asked some questions from the Bible & Minford answered their question, the other schools & the lightening round, kinda hit me funny because this school has "religion classes", I am sure mine did not get his knowledge about the Bible from school though, I credit his great Sunday School teacher & youth group leaders. He often had a number of questions ready for Jennifer & Scott, I remember one occassion he had to call Scott on the way to school to ask him who wrote a particular book in the Bible, couldn't wait til after school!!!! Thanks to the many great spritual leaders he has had & what you all have taught him!




Here is a pic of his "other mother" he would probably move out to live with her. This is who he goes to when he has a problem. She is responsible for this trip to DC and the last one, she nominated him for the events. She has had a major impact on his education and is also his quiz bowl instructor......Awesome teacher, thanks Mrs. Havens!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

He is such a great kid! Be sure to tell him how proud we are of him. I watched his videos below...I really just want to write Ethan in on Tuesday! He's going to be a great president, senate leader or congressman one day!