Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election 2008

Ya all know about Ethan & his interest in politics, but I am here to tell ya that I may have 2 upcoming female politicians!!!!! Annie & Charlee voted yesterday at school, they were so excited. Annie said "I voted for that John McCain... you know the one who looks like a papaw and Kennedy voted for that brown one, you know "Jessie".....hello??....did I miss someone or something along the way????who is Jessie????...... come to find out she meant Obama but not quite sure where she got Jessie from. So bright and early Annie was up, with the TV on, I told her to get in the shower & she said "wait I gotta see who is gonna be our president" I explained the process. Then Charlee woke up & said "this is sure an important day for our country isn't it mom?" .......more that she can possibly understand!). So while I am getting ready, I heard my daughter, the one who does not like to do read sight words, appears to struggle with basic reading...etc (Charlee) reading a collection of campaign mail to her sister. All I could hear was ..."this is my view on foreign exchange" ...."McCain wants to continue to cut taxes to small business owner"...."national jobs moved to foreign lands" ......"Obama supports the right "to...." ..."gas prices continue" ......this went on for about 10-15minutes while Annie listened attentively (not sure if because of interest *doubtful* or in awe of Charlee reading skills) I am thinking we don't need tutoring afterall!........Don't forget to vote unless you plan to vote for Jessie!!!!!haha!!!

No comments: