Saturday, September 20, 2008

Happy Birthday to My New Teenager


Can you believe it, the day is finally here, my little boy is a teenager (weren't they gonna up the age to 18????) I am sad, this is a milestone that I am not ready for, those of you with little boys that still climb up on your lap and want to hug you & cuddle, I envy you......but enjoy these days they are too short lived. I miss that little boy, he was the best, curly headed, always telling you something he learned (well nice to know some things don't change), buddy in hand, wanting to be told a story, he loved oreos and milk. I am sitting her writing this with tears flowing, part of me wants that little boy back & part is excited to see what God has in store for him. I was the one who was given the "birthday present" 13 years ago when God picked me to be this little boys momma, I love him soooo much, only God knows the measure. I have seen him do so many things and I am so proud of him.....this boy is awesome inside & out!!!!!What in the world did I ever do to deserve Gods grace & this gift!I pray God continues to work in his life and make him into the person that will be pleasing and glorifying to Him in whatever path He leads him down. The last time I cried this much at his birthday was his 5th birthday when I realized my dad was no longer gonna be around to celebrate them with him and watch him grow..............but I know he would be proud of the young "man" he is becoming and one day Ethan can tell my dad all about the things he did. On a lighter note he asked Scot if he would wake up today & start growing facial hair...."I can't wait to shave", (for someone that is so smart he can sure ask some questions at times, and I can not see my little boy with hair on his face YIKES!!!!!! Happy Birthday Ethan I love you as deep as the ocean & as high as the sky...
"I'll love you forever
I'll like you for always
As long as I'm living
my baby you'll be.............."

1 comment:

Patty said...

Beautiful post Sherry. Ethan is a wonderful young man, and very handsome! I just know that God has mighty things ahead for him--I pray that he continues to grow in the knowledge of the Lord and continues to glorify Him in all! He's a special one!!! Oh, and I too remember the curly headed, Buddy toting little guy! It's sad how little boys grow so quickly, isn't it? I can hardly get Josh to sit on my lap at all anymore! :) Happy Birthday Ethan. Love you all!!